Monday, April 27, 2009

Original Diagnostic Essay

Travis Byrum
Eng 111 Sec 55
March 19, 2009

As far fetched and comical as it sounds, everyone could imagine themselves with a super human power, especially if you could choose what it would be. Your power could be anything from having the ability to fly, possessing super human strength, being able to stop time, or create changes in weather. It could be a less obvious power such as infinite wisdom ( knowing everything about everything), or my personal favorite, mind control over any living organism.
Knowing I have control over a human beings mind would create a sense of great power and could lead to sinister thoughts on how I would assert my ability. I would first have to learn how to harness this strength. I would practice on smaller animals such as dogs and cats, or maybe direct a stampede of livestock through a neighborhood. Basically try to get an idea of exactly how powerful I am with this strength before not only having individuals, but multitudes of people do as I want them to.
A few small things to start such as having people drive on the road as I would like them to. I would have people say “ thank you “ when I hold open a door for them, or even have people hold open the door for me when I’m right behind them. I would have the cashier at the store greet me with a “ hello, how are you today?” instead of a cold stare and a soft mumble of how much I owe. These are the small subtle changes I would make throughout my day with my wonderful new power.
Moving on to bigger ideas would be my next task. I would invite a few people to share in the power that I have. These would be a select few people that had fantastic opinions and views on how this country should be operating. Views that people wish our countries leaders would take heed to and validate. I would have them do it. After all I control their thoughts, therefore I control their actions. In all honesty I could have these “leaders“ resign their positions and appoint me in their place. I wouldn’t want that spotlight. They can still be the puppets, but I would be the puppet master.
Sure, there are many ways that I could exploit this power. This is just one way to look at how I would exert power over people’s minds. When I think of the dark and evil acts I could perform, I realize how horrifying I could make the world, not that it isn’t already.

No comments:

Post a Comment